What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for the proper operation of a large group of cell sites and related equipment located in and around the Springfield, Illinois area. Applicants in surrounding cities will be considered on a case by case basis.
Duties in support of company objectives include:
- RF system optimization techniques for voice and data with understanding of voice and data signal flow and call processing.
- RF antenna systems integrity testing and quality analysis including interference detection and resolution.
- RAN hardware installation and software optimization using LINUX and Microsoft Excel scripting and programming.
- Ability to examine and interpret key performance indicators using available tools.
- Understanding fiber optic maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Maintaining and repairing all base station equipment and transmitters.
- Analysis of network generated alarm events and fault resolution.
- Maintaining cell site and test equipment inventories.
- Preventative and remedial maintenance; building and grounds upkeep.
- Integration of network interconnect facilities, implementation of layer 1 and layer 2 transport routing configurations (incl Ethernet and SONET), both hardware and software, data networking (TCP/IP).
- Updating daily logs with site-specific information; composing clear and concise reports for system documentation; and performing audits as required by local, regional, Area, Corporate or Regulatory agencies.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotating weekly schedule.
The engineer is expected to be able to perform his/her duties with little supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- Military Experience.
- Experience in the following fields: telecommunications, fiber optic networking, software engineering and development, radio frequency (RF) engineering, network engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: LINUX, Excel reporting, C++, Lucent/ Nokia or Ericsson. Telecom experience including: Cisco / ALu aggregation router, Fujitsu Fiber Optic networking, AC/DC power fundamentals, and HVAC fundamentals.
- Intermediate training in three or more of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or AC/DC power.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6805775-network-field-assurance-specialist
• Post ID: 63827553 springfieldil