SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by General Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well groomed, in proper and clean uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses greeting, seating, and waiting list procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness standards and stocks for the reception area and restrooms.
- Accurately processes all guest checks with no cash overages or shortages.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Provides assistance to pantry maintenance and pre-rush organization. Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to execute Perkins service standards.
- Utilizes proper cash handling procedures to execute cash and non-cash transactions, counting change, security precautions, and cash accountability.
- Ensures that the cash register and cash register area are stocked with all needed items.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Has sufficient knowledge of menu to execute suggestive selling techniques with all guests.
- Maintains cleanliness of bakery cases and restocks.
- Has sufficient knowledge of bakery products to execute suggestive selling techniques and sampling programs with all guests.
- Bags/boxes any products according to standards.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must be able to communicate with guests
- Requires occasional reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking
Receives direction and training from the General Manager as to specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Post ID: 66935523 springfieldil