SUMMARY OF POSITION
Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, plus preparation and storage areas.
- Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
- Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and performance standards.
- Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within company standards and following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/services deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Continuous standing
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depth of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30\" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet
Receives direction and training from the Manager on Duty as to specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Post ID: 66943468 springfieldil