SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides efficient service and food preparation according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Makes and prepares all food items that are baked in oven including but not limited to pies, muffins, cookies, quiche, meatloaf and ribs.
- Adjusts controls to regulate temperature of ovens.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Measures ingredients for bakery goods using measuring cups and spoons and mixes by hand or with electric mixer. Cuts dough into uniform portions with knife or divider. Molds dough into loaves or desired shapes. Places shaped dough onto greased sheets or in floured pans.
- Prepares meats or baked foods according to recipe, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing for stage of doneness.
- Serves high quality food and ensures items are complete, prepared as required and attractive in appearance.
- During peak business will be required to work on steam kettles and the grill line.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen stations and work areas.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must possess high level of coordination
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking
- Receives direction and training from the Manager on Duty as to specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Post ID: 66886253 springfieldil